Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Moving Forward

I am alive! I swear. And happy to report that the 'running' is going well. January and February so far has been marked by inching forward. Small steps that take an extraordinary amount of patience. But I feel as though I am actually getting 'somewhere'....

Last night, for the first time in many months, I went on what I can actually call a run. Yay!! By the end of January, I'd progressed to doing 3/3's (3 mins running/3 mins walking). A couple weeks of that and I was able to move to 4/2's. Since I've done several of those with minimal pain/tightness, I got the ok to do a 5/1. Barely walked at all during that 3.3 miles! It felt SO good. I seriously cannot wait until I can do long runs again. That is still a couple months out, realistically. But I am so close.

By March, the goal is to be doing all running for that 3-ish mile loop. Things have been progressing so well that I definitely feel this is doable. The patience is paying off. And I hope that it renews my motivation to once again immerse myself in all things running. I've taken a 'break' from the obsession the past several months, mostly so I didn't lose my sh*t too much over this injury. Now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak, I am ready to rejoin the ranks.

I am also going to spend the next month or so revamping the blog and experimenting with some different layouts and designs. I am getting bored and since the blog is officially a toddler now, it's time for a makeover and update. So bear with me....don't hesitate to tell me if you think it looks stupid or if you have suggestions. Thanks for sticking with me y'all. It's been quite the roller coaster the past 6 months.

No comments: