Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Unstoppable For Boston

Group shot before the run. Source.

My local running store Fleetfeet hosted a run Monday night called Unstoppable for Boston. There was a pretty nice turnout, over 340 people, I believe. They sold t-shirts, raffle tickets and beer after the run and raised over $7k. New Balance graciously offered to match the donations for the evening so all told, over $14k was donated to One Fund Boston.


I met up with my friend Mike and I actually got to run the whole time. It was only 2.62 miles so it was perfect to fit in as one of my "all runs" I was assigned between PT appointments. It was a lot of fun to run with so many folks and thanks to the drivers of Capitol Hill for patiently waiting on the side streets for all of us to pass by. Nothing like a little unofficial road run with over 300 people! 


It was nice to be with my 'people'....and go for a run on a beautiful spring Seattle day.

No comments: