Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Skipped my run this morning....

And I feel pretty guilty. I did have a good excuse though....I woke up with a pretty bad migraine when my alarm went off...so I decided some meds, an ice pack and a couple more hours sleep would be better for my body. I hate missing a day though. 

I like spreadsheets. I have created probably a few too  many related to running.....I mean how else are you supposed to track the mileage on a pair of shoes? So of course, my training schedule was manually input into a spreadsheet from my Runner's World Smart Coach app (gah! I wish these apps had an export to excel feature-damn it would make my life so much more efficient) and dutifully posted all over my house, much to the annoyance of The Girl. But whatever. She can suck it. Kidding. But not really. 

So like the runnerd I am, I check off each day on said posted training schedules. And not being able to check off today makes me feel like one of those over-achieving little kids that is hyperventilating because they are missing one sticker on their chart. Sad. I am aware of this. But I'm getting over it. I'll run the 5 mile tempo run tomorrow instead of the 4 mile easy run I am supposed to and I'll be right back on track. Right?

No comments: