Friday, October 12, 2012

Post Marathon Recovery




Day One felt like this

So did much of Days 2 and 3. I finally started to feel human again yesterday, but I am fighting a cold and I'm completely exhausted. Day 5 - today - I wore shoes again for the first time (blisters aren't super painful any longer) and can walk up and down stairs without making an awful face or grunting. So that's good.

The other good news is that my injuries don't appear to have been aggravated too much. No significant extra pain in either my hip or upper hamstring....just a general soreness that is frankly a lot duller than I expected it to be. I really thought I might have set myself back but it doesn't appear to be so! A couple more weeks and I'll start up PT again. We'll develop a different plan based on this diagnosis and hopefully I'll able to start walk/running again in a couple months. Last weekend really made me miss everything all the more. I am thinking about volunteering for the Seattle Marathon next month since I can't run it....It's time I started to give back and what better way to do it. right?

No comments: