Saturday, May 5, 2012

Memorial Day Pledge to Honor the Fallen



I pledged 11 miles for the 11 years since September 11th. There is NO COST. The price has already been paid.

"While Americans may pause to reflect, for many, Memorial Day represents a long
      weekend typically filled with backyard celebrations and sunshine.  For members 
          of wear blue: run to remember, it is a day to remember each life 
sacrificed in a positive, life-affirming way. "

I will be meeting up with some of the ladies on my Ragnar team to head down to Dupont to run our miles with the group. I couldn't be more excited. It will be a great way to do just a little bit extra to remember the ultimate sacrifice of the heroes serving our country.

You can pledge your miles here: http://www.wearblueruntoremember.org/wear-blue-runs-for-the-fallen.html.



2 comments:

Andrea said...

This is great! Thank you for sharing! Now I want to go pledge some miles!

TheUnforgivingMinute said...

Yay! Glad to hear it Andrea! The cool thing about this is you can do it where ever you are. And I'll be sure to post pics of the Group Run.:)