Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April 2012: In which I join Wear Blue: Run to Remember

This was a big month and a lot of cool stuff happened. I didn't quite hit the miles on tap, about 11 shy of the plan, but I am totally ok with that.

I got all excited about NYC and then was denied. I waited with fingers crossed and breath held but the odds were just not in my favor. I don't think I'll ever be fast enough to qualify on my time alone....so perhaps I'll just have to join a charity to get in.



I was inspired to join Wear Blue: Run to Remember and ran my first race in Blue. It was an honor to run for Air Force Master Sgt. Tara Brown and represent this amazing organization that is dedicated to bridging the gap between the men and women serving our country and the communities from which they come.


I started Man Up Month, in which I run two half marathons. Half way there after the weekend. HM numero uno is in the bag....next up is the Kirkland Half on 5/13. I was also lucky enough to have My Running Story profiled on the Healing Feet Blog.


The month ended with a bang. A new PR at the Heroes Half, negative splits, and I met a new running friend! Who then invited me to join her Ragnar Relay NW Passages team! Boo ya! So excited to do this relay. It's going to be such an adventure!

Alright May, let's do this.

No comments: