Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ragnar Plans...Coming Together

I am so excited for this relay and I can't wait to meet the rest of the members of our team. We are officially the Fire Breathing Rubber Duckies. Which, in my opinion, will make for some awesome visuals for our van decorating!

Speaking of vans...one of our first hurdles--crossed off the list. The race is nearly three months away, but already, the pickin's were getting slim. We found an Enterprise location with two passenger vans and locked down that reservation!

We are finalizing our legs, and I am going to be Runner 3. Not too tough but not the easiest one either. First leg will be in Ferndale, north of my hometown of Bellingham. So I'll be able to recruit a decent sized cheering section.

Next up, first team meeting to schedule and then we'll really start nailing down the details. I am so excited for this. I've already totally in love with the ladies on our team. We've got mama's (one of which is an army helicopter pilot-how bada$$ is that?) who are just funny, real and as in love with running as I am. I have a feeling I've just made some lifelong runner friends and I couldn't be happier.

This is gonna be So.Awesome-Sauce. I just know it....

No comments: