Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ragnar Relay.....Plotting and Planning


So our shirts are done. And they look pretty rad. I present to you - the Fire Breathing Rubber Duckies! Jess scored some shirts for free (!) from her friend at Under Armour, so we just had to pay to get them printed. They turned out totally awesome I think. I loved hearing the stories of some of the nicknames...funny stuff. And no, the front of the shirt is not a different color than the back...think that is just a trick of lighting,

So we are T-Minus 2 weeks from the start of the relay. At this time in a couple weeks, we'll be in the middle of the madness. It seems crazy that it's almost here! We've been furiously plotting and planning...all over facebook on our group page. It seems to be working ok. Being the crazy organized, spreadsheet control freak that I am, I am trying to be ok with not having another meeting in person to nail out the details. Instead, I will just try not to worry too much about coming off as a nerdy bossypants....sigh.



We've got our vans reserved, are fine tuning our caravan-to-the-start plans and getting all our supplies in order. We're going to have walkie talkies in the vans so we'll be able to communicate in the event there is spotty cell service (likely) or our phones die (likelier). We are so gonna have fun with that.

We are planning to camp out the night before the start at my brother's house. He and his family have graciously agreed to let us overtake their yard for a night and keep their chickens company. Good times.

I am not gonna lie. I have no idea what to expect for this. I am pretty sure it's going to be awesome. And exhausting. And it's hard not to be a tiny bit nervous. But I'm going to try not to over think too much and enjoy every minute of it. 


No comments: