Sunday, July 1, 2012

Week in Review - 3 Weeks till Ragnar




 It's been a while since I did a weekly review. I stopped doing them because my training was virtually the same every week so I felt like they were probably getting a bit boring to read. So I figured I'd pick them up again when the training shifted to something different.

I like tracking my weekly mileage and haven't stopped doing that but reflecting on what I was accomplishing wasn't really necessary since I was mostly focused on staying in half shape for my spring series. That series officially ended last week with the Seattle Rock and Roll Half Marathon, my 5th. Felt pretty good to complete that many in 8 months.

4 weeks between RnR and Ragnar. Training for this relay is specific in that I'm doing back to back runs, to simulate the shortened recovery time between each of my legs. My body needs to adjust to running on very tired legs. So even though I really should have taken it easy this week post half, I started doing my back to back runs. I did take it easy earlier in the week though and ended the week strong.

Monday
Rest day. Took an extra day off for two full -no activity at all- rest days. My body needed it for sure.

Tuesday
Nice easy recovery run of my 3 mile loop. Left hamstring and knee still sore so I took it very easy.
3.54; 35:04;  9:55

















Wednesday
There was a 5 mile tempo run on the plan today, but I was just wasn't feeling it. So I took another easy loop around the neighborhood.
3.44; 38:08: 11:04

Thursday 
Rounding out the week with another easy 3 miler. I guess I did take it relatively easy this week.
3.22; 34:27; 10:43

Friday
Rest day. Needed it. Hamstring is still tight. Knee feels better though.

Saturday
3 mile run with Wear Blue in the morning. Nice and easy. Left leg still sore.
2.96; 30:39; 10:21
Another 3 miler in the evening. The mileage on this triple got all messed up, but I ended up hitting most of it.
3.12; 31:26; 10:04

Sunday
Finished out the week with a 6 miler on very very tired legs. But that is part of the training. Running on tired legs and after a long week. I really wanted to cut today's run short but forced myself to keep at it. I am proud of myself for finishing.
6.10; 1:04:50; 10:38

Next week, I am doing a 5k at midnight on Tuesday night-- it's a run 'into the 4th'....it starts at 11:55pm. Never done a night race before and we've got tons of fun costume-y stuff to wear so it should be very fun. Rest of the week will be pretty normal and then I do a double on Saturday...this one will be a bit longer- 8 miles in the am and 3 in the pm. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: