Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Ragnar Relay That Wasn't....

In less than 24 hours, my awesome girls will be running 200 miles through the desert. I am still heartbroken that I won't be there running with them....Team Make Me A Sammich is a kick ass team of 6 ladies that are running in somewhat crazy conditions in Las Vegas. It starts at 8500 feet up at a Mt - where it's supposed to be in the 30's in the early morning when they start. Oh and there will be high wind warnings early that morning as well.


The days will be warm. Much warmer, perhaps even as high as the 70's. And then back down to cold at night. And since it's an ultra, the first 4 legs are run by only 2 people. And they lose about 4000 feet of elevation in those 4 legs. I was supposed to be Runner #1 originally. Roughly 3 half marathons in 36 hours. Ha. Can you imagine? What in the world was I thinking? My super speedy friend April is running that one. And she is going to rock it.

Stretch it out girl! I love how not flexible our friend 
Aaron is on the right....hehe

April graciously offered to dedicate her first legs to me and Wear Blue. So I've got a soldier all lined up for her....More on that soon!

So to the ladies of Team Make Me A Sammich - Honey Badger, #meanjess, and Flygirl - run your hearts out. Have fun. And enjoy every second. I'll be cheering you on from here!

No comments: