Monday, February 13, 2012

Race Recap: Love Em or Leave Em Valentines Day Dash - 5k

Had a pretty good time at this race. My racing buddy was still feeling the funk in his foot so was taking it easy and didn't end up running. But he and his super awesome wife still came out to the course to cheer me on. What great friends!

For a race that I figured would have a lot of costumes....there weren't that many. Only saw a few cupids and nothing too outlandish. Boring.

I've never run around Greenlake before and certainly not with 3,000 other people. For that amount of people, it really felt good and not too crowded. The course alternated between the streets around the lake and the paved path. Since it was a loop, it started and ended in the same place....which meant there was a nice little mini-expo and things were easy to find. There was plenty of refreshments and food post race and a very cute kids dash.

ProMotion races are always well run in my opinion and I wasn't disappointed with this one. My only complaint is the t-shirt. I really hate when they are white and long sleeve. At least pick a color for the love of pete....I didn't PR but that is totally fine after the week of non-running I had.

No comments: