Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 7 in Review - 35 Days Until MI Half

                                  Much better week..

This week was...normal. The most normal in a few weeks it felt like. Got that mileage back up and did a long run in the double digits. First one since the half and I was pretty nervous. Especially after the shoe debacle of this week. But I plotted out a new route and had a pretty great run.

Monday - Nice easy run to start off the week. 4 easy miles.
4.09 mi; 40:32; 9:54

Tuesday - This is the week that I added a short easy run on Tuesdays...Did it after work since I thought my new shoes might arrive and they did. So I most definitely had to take them on a test run. Thought about turning back after 1 mile or so but kept telling myself the shoes didn't hurt that bad. So I did the full loop but paid for it later. More on that later....
3.18 mi; 32:26; 10:12

Wednesday - Really didn't want to miss the tempo run this week and I was really looking forward to running in comfy shoes again. Pretty good one. Stayed within range for most of it.
5.9 mi; 57:01; 9:40

Thursday - Planned to get in the short 3 miler today but didn't end up doing it. Just wasn't feeling it and my knees were still sore from the bad shoe run.
3 miles
Rest

Friday - Was thinking about trying to get in the missed run from yesterday but it Rained. All.Day.Long.
Rest

Saturday - Long run! Was feeling a little nervous for this one. 10 miles on the plan. Decided I really  needed to do a new route. Kind of sick of doing out and backs on my long runs anyway so I created a new loop...ended up being a little longer than 10 and there were some killer hills and stairs. So was very sore the rest of the day....but it felt good.
10.79 mi; 1:58:29; 10:59

Sunday - Rest. Felt good today too....very little soreness. Ready to tackle next week. Supposed to be a light week keeping it regular since last week ended up being really light.

No comments: