Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 5 in Review - 49 Days Until MI Half


Still slogging through. Looking forward to getting my groove back. I've decided instead of waiting for it, I just need to do it. It reminds me of this quote...."You are more likely to act your way into feeling, than feel your way into action. Whatever you know you should do, do it."

Monday - This week, I was really tired. Maybe it was my body going into overdrive to avoid the nasty cold germs I've been around all week but I ended up sleeping in a few mornings and doing my runs after work. It's not my favorite, but it's not that bad. Doing it in the 6pm hour is similar to doing it in the 6am hour, except for more traffic.
5.01 mi; 49:47; 9:56

Tuesday - Rest. Having a hard time getting the yoga in. Maybe I really do need this to be a rest day. Although, week after next, I start doing a slow easy 3 miles on Tuesdays....so I need to suck it up!
Rest

Wednesday - Again, slept in....Did my 6 mile Tempo run at night and it was somewhat pleasant but tough -- I've never done a tempo run for that far- 1 mile each warm up/cool down pace and 4 solid miles at a fast clip. I was sore the next day for sure but am pretty proud of my splits, even though they weren't as low as I'd hoped.
6.18 mi; 1:02:16; 10:05

Thursday - Woke up not feeling well. Decided to try to run after work, but as the day progressed, a full blown migraine developed. So I came home early from work and slept all afternoon. Felt better by that evening so planned a makeup run for the morning.
Rest

Friday - Actually got up in the morning and ran! Boo ya. Forced myself to get up and do it. Really need to do that everyday. Fake it till I make it, right?
4.3 mi; 42:51; 9:58

Saturday - Long run day and it was perfect! Actually super sunny, warm (had to take off my jacket after a few miles) and the view....Damn it was amazing. The downside of warm sunny weather means more bikes on the bridge. More than a couple passed way too close to me, jackholes. But I didn't get hit, so that's good!
8.55 mi; 1:35:13; 11:08


Pretty good week. Looking forward to putting in a more consistent performance next week. And next Saturday, I will be meeting up with my race buddy for the Valentine's Day Love 'Em or Leave 'Em 5k at Greenlake. Which also happens to be the same day as the Virtual Run for Sherry Arnold. More info can be found at Shut Up and Run's blog, complete with a bib that can be printed out to wear...I'll be wearing mine!

Happy Running this week...

No comments: