Monday, February 13, 2012

Week 6 in Review - 41 Days Until MI Half

                                                                       Sad, right?

This week sucked. Big time. I finally got the sick I was fighting off and ended up being off work for two days. Was so tired and just had no energy. Very lackluster week with a whopping 8.5 miles. Total. For the whole week.

Monday - Ran! Woot woot. I actually got up early even.
4.11 mi; 41:58; 10:12

Tuesday - Rest day...started to feel the crud getting worse. Plus my kid stayed home sick. Awesome. Foreshadowing? Probably.

Wednesday - Felt cruddy when I woke up. I was supposed to do 7 miles of speedwork. And was seriously nervous about it. The longer weekday runs really kill me. And they are always hard workouts. Was going to do it when I got home but ended up leaving work before lunch.
7 Mile Speed workout (3x1600 with 800 jogs in between; warm & cool)

Thursday - Still sick.
4 mi easy

Friday - Rest day. Really wanted to run today but decided one more day of rest was in order.

Saturday - 5K- Valentines Day Dash. Really planned to run the full mileage today...but after the race I was just not feeling it. So I took a nap instead.
10 mi long - 5K plus 7
1.27 mi; 12:10; 9:34 Warm Up
3.12 mi; 28:18; 9:05 Race

Sunday - Rest.

That was a rough one. This week I start adding Tuesday runs until tapering in race week. I feel better and ready to take it on. Got my new shoes coming this week too so I am getting excited!

No comments: