Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 8 in Review - 26 Days Until MI Half



A week on and then, inevitably, an off week. Was just getting that momentum back last week and the first few days of this week started strong. Then I got that crud again....the same one my kid has now had a couple times in the last month. Felt like I was going to die on Wed and Thurs...so forced myself to take another rest day Friday so I could hit it strong on Saturday.

Monday - Started off the week with a easy 5 miler. Nothing crazy. Felt good.
5.09; 50:57; 10:01 min/mile

Tuesday - Kept it going for an easy 3....
3.22; 32:17; 10:01 min/mile

Wednesday - Woke up feeling like death. Felt progressively worse the rest of the day and conked out early.
6 mile Tempo
Sick - Rest 

Thursday - Same. Bleech.
3 mile Easy
Sick - Rest

Friday - Really wanted to get some make-up miles in today but forced myself to take another rest day so hopefully, I'll kick this crud fo' sure.
Rest

Saturday - Long run day. Did my new route - backwards this time. Still very challenging (OMG- running up Madison sucked big time) but a little easier I think...Plus I was wearing my brand new shoes! Woot woot!
10.37; 1:53:13; 10:55

Sunday - Rest. Felt good. Was a little sore but less so than last week! 

Gonna do it this week. Hit every day without excuse and after today- doing it in the morning. Getting my ass up. 4 weeks till the half...gotta 'er done.

No comments: