Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week 10 in Review - 14 Days until MI Half


This week was a tough one. I did better for the first half of the week in terms of getting up early. I did it 3 out of 4 days. But I didn't do the 8 mile speed workout I was supposed to, so was again, off on total mileage for the week. Next week is it. Last full week before a week of tapering. Hitting 30 miles...Hope it doesn't come back to bite me- increasing that much over this week. I'll will make sure I am paying attention to my body.

Monday - Got up early and headed out the door. Only to find that it was POURING out. Got soaked from head to toe but it was a nice quick 3 miler.
3.44 mi; 33:41; 9:47

Tuesday - Another nice 3 miler. No rain this time though. And guess what? It's starting to get light when I'm out early! Yay!
3.08 mi; 29:47; 9:41

Wednesday - Had a migraine when I woke up so decided to run at night and swap workouts.
8 mi Speed
3.22 mi; 31:38; 9:50

Thursday - Intended to do the speed workout today, but just wasn't feeling it. Took an unplanned rest day.
Rest

Friday - Woke up in a terrible mood so I went for an angry 3 miles and ran it pretty fast. Which I think made me a little more tired for the long run Saturday.
3.05; 28:36; 9:23

Saturday - Long run. Did the Madison to bridge to home route and covered 12 full miles. Didn't cheat with distance AT ALL. Yay me. I also did my very first ice bath when I got home. It was cold as hell but effective. My legs were so sore and making them completely numb felt good!
12.01 mi; 2:11:26: 10:57

Sunday - Rest. I bought my first pair of compression socks Friday. Not the fancy $60 running kind, but a pair of old person kind at the drug store. I wore them basically from Friday on with the exception of the actual run and I do think they made a difference in recovery. 

No comments: