Sunday, March 18, 2012

Week 11 in Review - 7 Days until MI Half


This week started strong and then life got the better of me. Ended up with super extra special crazy weather, was busy at work, etc etc. Excuses excuses. But I'm ok with it. It's just turned out to be an unlucky season. And that is ok. Next week I taper, officially. Then Race and move into Cycle #3.


Monday - Made it out as planned for an easy 3 miler.
3.46 mi; 34:23; 9:57


Tuesday - Yay. Two days in a row I got it done. Small victories...since the rest of the week was a bust.
3.22 mi; 31:35; 9:49

Wednesday - Woke up to super crazy bad weather. And just couldn't motivate myself to get out there. Planned to make it up after work, but felt like I was going to puke all afternoon for some reason....
8 mi Speed workout
Rest

Thursday - Also planned to do a make up today. Best laid plans....as they say.
3 mi Easy
Rest

Friday - I am so lame. That's all I can say.
Rest

Saturday - Long run. I psyched myself up for my longest long run before the race next weekend. And got all dressed then looked outside. It had started SNOWING. AGAIN. So I decided to wait it out. I had a feeling things would clear up and I needed it to since I wanted to test out my race outfit on a long run. It ended up clearing up within the hour and I added a jacket and headed out. I ended up having to shed the coat about 2 miles in and it was a beautiful afternoon. Sunny and everything! Got that 13 miles in too. Full Stop. No cheating this week either. Small victories, I know. After the week I had, I'll take it. Had a nice ice bath when I got home.
13.03 mi; 2:24:52; 11:07

Sunday - Rest. Plotted out my next cycle- which officially has three half marathons in it while I was waiting out the snow yesterday. Excited to tackle this next cycle in the spring. Light in the mornings and warmer! Yay. I am ready to move on and get my mojo back. About damn time.
Rest

One week from today, I'll be running the perimeter of Mercer Island. Woot woot!

No comments: