Thursday, March 1, 2012

February 2012: In which I get sick. Twice.

This month was rough. I've got a month till the Mercer Island Half. I don't feel ready. I have been slacking...feeling lazy and so not motivated. Plus I got sick. More than once. Not loving the winter training all that much. But all was not lost. I did a fun 5K for Valentines Day, and got a new pair of shoes.

 Crappy Race Pic

I also introduced Make Yourself Mondays....Partly because I just plain love this Nike campaign and the other part is because I am in serious need of motivation at this point in time.


Finally, since I was getting really bored with my normal routes, I mapped out a new long run loop that is both hardcore, very pretty and not boring at all. Need to keep switching things up so they are fresh. Hopefully will stave off any burn out that I fear might creep into a full year of training.

Total miles for the month 84.25. Not what I had planned but not terrible either. Hitting the build up for a few more weeks then a week taper until race day!


 

No comments: