Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 9 in Review - 21 Days until MI Half


Not bad. Not quite the 27 on the plan but I'll take it. Missed one planned day. It's really tough for me to run 4 days in a row. My body gets too tired and I inevitably skip one. But I am going to make sure that I keep myself accountable and keep ramping up. I'll be designing my next phases soon that will take me through the next three half marathons April-June. Can't wait till it starts to warm up!

Monday - The plan calls for a lot of 3 milers from now until the race. Two tough workouts (Tempo or Speed and Long Run) tempered with 3 easy short ones.
3.47; 34:09; 9:51

Tuesday - Was supposed to run today but decided to take a rest day. 
3 miles
Rest

Wednesday - Long tempo run. This is usually a tough one for me. This one was no exception. Have been running at night after work and have been having a hard time figuring out what kind of lunch to eat that I can digest quickly and not feel like I am going to throw up the whole time.
7.23 mi; 1:14:03; 10:14

Thursday - Another nice easy 3 miler. Was glad because I was a little sore from the tempo run the day before.
3.38 mi; 34:01; 10:04

Friday - Rest day. Felt good.


Saturday - Long run. Had 11 on the books and tried to map out a new route on Map My Run but got so frustrated. Thought I ended up doing an ok enough job and was just going to fudge the rest. But I ran what I thought would be the majority and was only at 6 miles. I was at the I-90 bridge anyway so I just headed across and back to add a couple miles on. When I finally got home, I was well over 11 miles. Was very sore though. Like completely wiped for the rest of the day. Crashed out for a nap-hard.
11.17 mi; 1:59:44; 10:43

Getting so close- 3 weeks out!

 

No comments: