Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fast Forward-Week 14 in Review


Great week. I hit every day exactly as planned and the weather is starting to get more....spring-like. It's amazing the confidence I get from nailing a week. Got up early for two and ran after work for the other two. And Saturday's long run was....well I ended up stripping down to just my tank top. It was really clear and sunny out. And there were dozens and dozens of bikers and runners out enjoying it with me.

So clear....the Mountain even made a special appearance.

That was the end of the week....earlier in the week, Tuesday to be exact, it was a different story. It was a little sunny, a little cloudy and I was enjoying a nice after work run. In the middle, I started getting pelted by freezing rain, but I didn't mind too much since the final mile home looked like this:

Double rainbow!!

Monday
Last week was post MI half recovery week -- a nice and light 16 miles. This week bumped back up to normal--as I am now 3 weeks out from the Heroes Half Marathon on 4/29.
3.49 mi; 34:32: 9:54

Tuesday
Nice after work run that started off sunny, got a little freezy and wet in the middle and ended with a sparkly double rainbow. Not bad, mother nature, not bad.
4.29 mi; 55:39 (stopped to take pics more than once, forgot to pause); 12:58

Wednesday
Tempo run....really ran hard on this one and nailed my splits for the middle three miles (9:31; 9:50; 9:55). Felt really good afterwards but definitely a bit sore.
4.93; 48:48; 9:54

Thursday
Did back to backs for this one...yesterday's run was after work and this one was early a.m. Felt pretty good....
3.5 mi; 34:17; 9:49

Friday
Much needed rest day. Legs were a little sore from increasing mileage back up to the mid twenties after taking it easy last week. 

Saturday
Beautiful day...warm, sunny and in the 60's. Felt pretty good and made sure I kept hydrated. 
10.23mi; 1:49:29; 10:42

Total for Week 14: 26.44 miles

Officially two weeks into Training Cycle #3. Well, what I am calling all one cycle but it actually includes 3 half marathons. Details on that to come!


No comments: