Thursday, April 12, 2012

Training Cycle #3



Already started...and already at the end of week 3. This cycle started post Mercer Island Half and is taking me all the way through the Rock and Roll in June. It's really more of a maintenance cycle to power me through my series. But it's doable...and every month will be over 100 miles. Woot woot!

After that....we'll see. I'm not sure what the summer holds other than I know I'll be switching my focus to training for a full in the fall and build my training/race schedule around that. I still haven't decided which marathon I'll do. Holding out hope that I'll get lucky and get in to NYC through the lottery-will know at the end of the month! If not, the Portland Marathon is currently holding spot #2. But an ad I saw for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco in October made me think we've got a challenger for that number 2 spot.

Loving the fact that it's getting light earlier and staying lighter later. I have decided to not beat myself up over not getting up early in the mornings and actually plan for it. One week I'll get up early and the next I'll run after work. This week was an after...next week I'll get up early and knock them out before work.

Only a few weeks until the Heroes half! Can't wait.

No comments: