Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week 16 in Review --7 Days until Heroes Half

It's here. One week away. And I'm nursing a weird foot injury. I honestly have no idea what I did to it. If I strained it somehow during my speed workout on Wednesday, it didn't start hurting right away, since I felt fine on my run Thursday. A mystery indeed.

I also got my Wear Blue shirt in the  mail this week. Just in time to wear on my run Saturday!


Monday
A nice and easy 4 miler to start off the week....
 4.15 mi; 41:30; 10:00

Tuesday 
A rainy 3 miler after work. Did the regular loop at an easy pace...
3.48 mi; 34:44; 9:59

Wednesday
Killer speed workout at the park near my house. Kept all three mile repeats at pace and it was a toughie....was sore for a couple days after this one.
6.2 mi; 59:58; 9:41

 View from my "track" tonight

Thursday
Easy 3 mile loop around the hood. Felt good the whole time and the foot didn't hurt at all....
3.48 mi; 35:16; 10:08

Friday
Rest day. Foot started to hurt for real....limped around until I could ice when I got home. Elevated it and did a few more ice treatments.

Saturday
Based on how the foot was feeling, I knew that I wasn't going to get the full 12 miles in. I set out to see how I felt and stuck close to home so it would be easy to get home if it started hurting too much. Made it 5 miles and decided to call it a day. No biggie...just starting the taper a bit early.
12 mile long run
5.11 mi; 55:18; 10:50 

Sunday
Ice, rest, elevate and more ice. We shall see how it feels. Fingers crossed it will be better soon.

2 comments:

PollyAnna said...

I love the Wear Blue mission. I just signed up. Thanks for sharing!

TheUnforgivingMinute said...

So great to hear! They are a fantastic organization and I'm so excited to be a part of it....Can't wait to meet some of these folks and wear my shirt proudly in my race tomorrow! :)