Wednesday, June 20, 2012

3 Days to Go....

Seattle Rock and Roll is almost here! Without a doubt, the biggest race of the year in the Emerald City. Last year saw a field of about 26,000, which is on the small side for RnR's...but still a good 10k more than the Seattle Marathon, which was about 11-12,000. So it will be my biggest race ever and my very first Rock and Roll.


I am very excited to be running this race with these guys. Honored to be a small part of something pretty amazing. The last few weeks have been a bit crazy. Peak mileage, my kid is graduating from the 8th grade, and there are a million and one end of year activities, parties, gatherings, etc. Apologies for being MIA....I know you all missed me tremendously! All two of you anyway.

Pinky promise there will be lots of pictures and posts coming up as I sail into race weekend. Hitting up the expo with the Ragnar gals and then to dinner to load up on pasta before hitting the sack early Friday night. I am starting to get a little worried about transportation though. The start and finish is at Seattle Center (new course this year), same as the Seattle Marathon Turkey Day weekend. I had no trouble getting the first Light Rail train downtown then hopped on the Monorail and made it to the start line with plenty of time to spare. This time, they've opened up the Monorail early again but only for pre-purchased tickets, which are now sold out I think. So I may have to hoof it the mile or so to the start. Think I can do that though....but now I'm starting to get a little worried about whether the Light Rail trains will be full by the time they get to me. We shall see....guess I'll be getting up super duper early!

Will.Not.Overthink. Does nothing for the pre-race nerves. You know what does? Cupcakes.


This was dinner. Not all of them. Just two. How's that for carb loading? I am so gonna regret that.


No comments: