Friday, June 1, 2012

May: In Which I Run Lots of Miles and Decide I like Gu after all

This month concluded with 102 miles for May. Beat that last highest mileage month by a couple miles and it feels good. Maybe by this time next year, that will a normal week for me, like some of my running heroes. A girl can dream, right?

May 2012- 102 miles

May also brought the successful conclusion of Man Up Month, in which I PR'd at the Kirkland Half. Getting so close to that sub 2 hour half....definitely going to try for that at the Rock and Roll later this month. 

2:05:44 Boo Ya!

Planning for Ragnar also progressed and I got to meet the team for the first time; most of them anyway! We are getting details sorted out and I finally got around to tweaking my training plan for the Relay. 

Memorial Day was this week and I pledged miles for Wear Blue's Run for the Fallen-- 11 miles. I ran in honor of Air Force Senior Airman Ashton Goodman and all the other brave men and women who've made the ultimate sacrifice during their service to this country. 

And finally, I decided to try out some chocolate flavored Gu and it wasn't bad! I didn't spit it out and actually liked it. Yay for new fuel options! 

Chocolate=Frosting Flavored=Not Gross
 




No comments: