Saturday, June 2, 2012

Excuse Me While I Tidy Up Around Here....



Since this blog is only a teeny tiny baby (almost 6 months old!), I am doing some experimenting in the name of teaching myself the very rudimentary aspects of designing a blog. I figured out how to add code yesterday....woot woot! Not that hard, but I just haven't taken the time to really fiddle around and learn how Blogger works. I like it because it's a pretty simple interface for someone like me to learn--a totally self taught semi-tech savvy person.

I say semi-tech savvy because there is a ton I still don't know but I'm figuring it out as I go along. I am in my mid 30's...so that means me and folks my age are really the only generation that has one foot in the tech world and one foot out. We remember what it was like to take "Typing Class" in high school but the beginnings of the internet and email came around by the time we were in college. We spent most of our growing up years without all the technology that pervades all aspects of our lives now but we were also early adopters to much of it in our 20's; and unlike our older generational counterparts, it's a been a bit easier to get up to speed on it. (As a pretty young mom of a teenager, I'm shocked by how many of my daughter's peers parents are utterly clueless; I suppose I shouldn't be but I am. Constantly.)

In any case, I am doing some remodeling over here. Adding a few things here and there, trying to figure out how to replicate ideas and cool functions I see on other blogs, and trying to make the design a bit more clean. So I'll be trying out some alternate designs and in general, changing things around some. Excuse the mess! And wish me luck. I am pretty sure I can't break Blogger, but you never know.....


No comments: