Monday, January 16, 2012

Got one in after all....

Waking up to ice and snow deterred me from running this morning. It was crazy slippery out and even I am not that stupid. Maybe if I had those shoes with the little spikes on them...then I'd be good to go. But alas, like the city of Seattle having exactly 7 snow plows, I am not geared up for this sort of shit. 

I was pleasantly surprised to find significantly thawed conditions when I left work this evening and decided to go for it. Changed real quick and headed out. Overall it was a pretty good run. Mostly thawed in some places, crunchy and slushy in others. But I dodged around slick spots and it was a really good workout. Not quite 5 miles but it was an easy run....I finally found something that can force me to effectively slow down when I am supposed to--conditions that could effectively end my running career with one wrong step! 

Was a really nice wintery run and it may be the only one I'll get for a couple days. Forecast says we could get 7-14 inches in the next couple days. Rest day/yoga tomorrow and we'll see about Wed. I'll just have to work with what I've got this week! 

No comments: