Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 2 in Review-69 Days Until MI Half



Good second week. Long run felt a lot easier, I hurt less the rest of that day and was only minimally sore on Sunday. Feeling good going into week 3!

Monday -- Love my loop in the mornings...I see about a half dozen other runners and it feels pretty safe. For easy runs, it's a real effort to stay above 10 min/miles on the pace. I am supposed to be doing it slower, but if I stay in the 10 range, I feel pretty good. This one was a good easy run-stayed in the groove the whole time.
5.08 mi; 51:46;  10:11 min/mile

Tuesday-- Rested. Again, not ready to start the yoga. Perhaps this week.

Wednesday -- This was supposed to be a speed day. I thought about doing it at Jefferson but it was a little slick and frosty out so decided to stick with the my usual route. Hard to tell from my split stats on the Runkeeper, but I think I did pretty good. Did 2x1600 at 10:00 with an 800 recovery in between.
5.08 mi; 51:21; 10:06 min/mile

Thursday -- Nice and easy 4 miles. Almost stayed over 10 the whole time-first mile was fast and the rest were good.
4.09 mi; 41:33; 10:09 min/mile

Friday -- Rest. Felt good to sleep in. First five day week in three weeks so it was one long one. 

Saturday -- Long run. Felt good. Decided since there was freezing rain and it was windy that I wasn't going to do the bridge. Did my usual out and back and it felt good. Was sore and tired the rest of the day but I felt pretty good the next day.
8.04 mi; 1:21:42; 10:10 min/mile

Sunday -- Rest.Walked about 2 miles in the snow with the girl so actually got a little active recovery in. Felt good! Ready to take on the week and be creative since there will be SNOW!

No comments: