Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 3 in Review - 63 Days Until MI Half


This week was a little off, to say the least. Since next week was supposed to be a light week and this week turned into a light week--I've decided to swap them instead of beating myself up too much...I could have tried to salvage the weekly mileage by doing the long run today....then I would start this week off a little tired. So switching weeks it is.

Monday -- got in a very slushy and slippery 4.82 miles. Felt good but was sore the next day due to dodging all the slippery spots.
4.82 mi; 54:20; 11:17 pace

Tuesday -- got in another one before the storm hit. Conditions were much better on this one. For both of the last two runs, I broke regular schedule by doing them after work. I much prefer running in the morning on an empty stomach.
4.91 mi; 48:42; 9:57 pace

Wednesday/Thursday/Friday -- Did not run due to snow/ice and super slippery, possibly death inducing conditions. It was a smart move but still makes me feel slightly guilty.

Saturday -- When I left the house, I fully planned to do the full 9 miles I was supposed to. But after getting out there, I discovered that the snow was a lot less melted than I initially thought. And I couldn't breathe through my nose and felt like I was going to throw up the very ill advised doughnut I'd eaten an hour before....So needless to say, I called it a day after a bit.
3.47 mi; 39:24; 11:22 pace

Sunday -- Rest

Ready to get back to normal! Let's do this...Week 4 here we go!

No comments: