Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snowpacolypse 2012: Just Melt Already...

This week has been a little wack. Got in my runs on Monday and Tuesday then it dumped several inches of snow Wednesday.


It warmed up briefly towards the end of the day and turned into a nice little ice storm on Thursday. Then it started snowing again...few more inches on top of the ice, snow, ice layers. So no running for me. Planned to do yoga but ended up eating doughnuts and sitting on my ass. Terrible. Friday, things warmed up enough to turn to rain and everything finally started melting.

Even more melted this morning so conditions are starting to look more favorable that I'll get my 9 miles in today at some point. May have to wait until afternoon when there will be even less of it left.

Snow is so pretty the first day or so. Then it turns into nasty grey sludge. We had fun though...the Girl spent a grand total of 2.5 hours in school this week...so they'll pretty much be in school until 4th of July probably. But oh well....not much we can really do about it!

As things melt, we'll officially go on Flood Watch 2012. Good times.


             The Girl and a snowman we passed on our walk...



           I love my panoramic camera...kind of why I bought it! So pretty...



            Finally. A picture that I don't look totally ridiculous in...

No comments: