Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 4 in Review - 56 Days Until MI Half


Much better week--still not entirely back to normal due to weather...but way better than Snowmageddon last week. And I got to do my long run with my running buddy. Good week all around.

Monday - BLACK ICE everywhere. It was really bad. I even went with shorter, slower strides and still didn't have sure footing. Was NOT digging this run at all. After gauging conditions on the first part of my out and back normal route, I knew trying to run on the asphalt path part would be even more treacherous so I just did the 3 mile circle and headed home. Really didn't want to start the week off in the emergency room...
3.2 mi; 33:33; 10:30

Tuesday - Rest. Still haven't started doing yoga yet. I am lazy.

Wednesday - Tempo run. Love these b/c I get to push myself in that 9 min/mile range. And the roads were much better today....so I got my full run in and stayed on pace! Great run.
5.11 mi; 49:54; 9:46

Thursday - Woke up intending to run. Got dressed and everything. Then I looked outside. There was crazy wind and sideways rain. So I decided to drink coffee and catch up on a show I missed the night before. And then of course, it promptly stopped raining an hour later when I would have been getting back. So.Lame.

Friday - Instead of sleeping in, per my usual rest days on Fridays.....I made up the run I missed Thurs. A nice and easy 5 miler. Great way to end the week.
4.92 mi; 48:24; 9:50

Saturday - Long run. Got to run with my race buddy on my favorite badass route- the I-90 bridge. Great to catch up and talk about running without worrying about boring the sh*t out of his non-running, but still super awesome wife. Kept a nice easy conversational pace and the run was nice.
8.7 mi; 1:32:12; 10:36

Sunday - Rest

Great week....ready to start adding on some mileage again. Will start yoga this week and in a couple weeks, I start running a 5th day each week. Woot woot!

No comments: