Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's ON Bitches

I felt pretty good after yesterdays run...only did 3.42 miles at an easy 10:03 pace and felt great the whole time until the last .4 or so. Then my thigh muscle started cramping up and my knee started hurting. Immediately iced when I got home-both knee and thigh-and repeated several times the rest of the day. Drank lots of water (and only ONE glass of wine last night) and I got a greats nights sleep. 

All that to say--It's ON Bitches. I am running my 5K this morning and am so excited. Still going to take it easy and not "race" it for myself....My awesome friend -who I used to work with at my last job and who kept me sane- has a husband who runs. So he's been my 'race buddy' for a few races now. I'm excited for this particular one with him - so I'll report back later on that in my recap.

Until then--Let's kick off 2012 the right way--with a race!


No comments: